The Cemeteries & Crematoria Association of NSW (CCANSW) invites you to the May 2021 Conference & Trade Exhibition being held at the Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach, Sydney. There are generous incentives for CCANSW full members to attend the conference and the 2021 Trade Exhibition The conferfence features a full on program for the Thursday and Friday, and there'll be many networking opportunities.
The venue is the Crowne Plaza Hotel, at Coogee, a beachside suburb of local government area City of Randwick 8 kilometres south-east of the Sydney central business district. Book your accommodation early to avoid disappointment.
It is anticipated that the Trade Exhibition will include exhibitors from as many facets of the industry as possible encompassing:
- cemetery grounds equipment (crypt lifters, cremators, gazebo’s),
- computer software and geographical information systems
- bronze memorial and accessory products, aluminium grave marker and associated products, urns and memorial jewellery
- monumental and mausoleum products and accessories, mausoleum designers and builders
- bulk LPG suppliers
- landscape architects.
The Trade Exhibition will run concurrently with conference sessions. This is the premier and only event in NSW showcasing products & services specifically for the cemetery and crematoria industry.
- Estelle Muspratt: “Insights and Understandings – the work of the Office of Australian War Graves”
- Dr. Hannah Gould: ”Disrupted Futures of DeathCare : Lessons from 2020 East Asia & Beyond”
- Florence Jaquet: “Today’s Footprint is Tomorrow’s Legacy”
EGM & AGM: Updating attendees on industry activities and issues • Trade Exhibition Viewing: Tea and coffee served in the Exhibition area.
Will include further industry presentations:
- Gary Graham: “The Management of air emissions from crematoria”
- Jennifer Hickey & Fiona Lansown: “Reforming the way we regulate: CCNSW’s journey”
- Tara Mackay: “Mortuary Care—The role of embalming in modern funeral care”
- Dr Bjorn Nansen: “The Future Cemetery—some preliminary findings”
- Dr Philip Bachelor OAM: “Graduate Studies in Cemetery Practice”
- Jane Grover, Robert Pitt, Deb Ganderton, Isabelle Meyer, Lee Shearer & Jason Masters: “CEO’s Panel—Operational Matters Now and Reflections Ahead".
Detailed information on speakers and topics are featured on the following pages. The CCANSW website contains up to date information on all conference proceedings. We encourage you to visit https://conference.ccansw.org.au/ for all the latest conference and exhibition information.
Thursday’s Principal Sponsors Dinner: The Coogee Bay Hotel. This iconic award-winning hotel is the venue for Thursday’s dinner. If you haven't been to the Coogee Bay Hotel, you haven't experienced one of Coogee’s and Sydney’s famous landmark venues.
Friday’s Principal Sponsors Dinner: Join the party, with dinner at Barzura, a favourite restaurant for locals. It’s a perfect spot to kick back and chat … a fitting conclusion to the conference.
Note: If COVID dining restrictions are in place, dinner venues may be unable to cater for all conference attendees. Therefore, dining spaces will be allotted on receipt of your completed conference Attendance Registration Form. To reserve your place, I encourage you to complete and return your registration form ASAP.
The Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach offers an iconic beachside retreat in Sydney. Boasting panoramic sea views, the hotel has been refurbished to reflect its coastal surroundings and is just steps from Coogee Bay. It features an outdoor pool, on-site fitness centre and a choice of restaurants and bars. Free WiFi is offered throughout the hotel.
The coastal suburb of Coogee offers clear blue waters at Coogee Beach, a variety of cafes, indigenous roots and sea baths (Wylie’s Bath), making it an ideal location for a post conference stay. You can start your day with a stroll or jog along the Bondi to Coogee 6 km one-way Coastal Walk, taking you through the heritage listed Waverley Cemetery, which is the resting place of many prominent Australians, including celebrated poet Henry Lawson.
The conference will give members the opportunity to gain industry specific information.
Delegates will hear from and talk to leading industry specialists and have the opportunity to gain the latest product information from key industry suppliers. It will provide you with a platform to network with people who understand and identify with your issues and concerns. Don’t miss it!
Financial CCANSW Full Members are entitled to one free conference registration to all Thursday and Friday activities. For many Full Members, all you will need to pay for is accommodation, breakfast and travel! This incentive is a win for all members. Affiliate and Associate members will benefit from having more of their clients and potential clients (Full Members) at the one event, providing huge networking opportunities.
Information for delegates and guests
- Information Pack incl Registration Form
- Accommodation, travel, dress codes etc